PR – With inclement weather conditions expected from this evening, Grenlec has taken the decision to close its customer care centres from 2:00pm on Tuesday, 28 June 2022.
Grenlec also reminds customers to prepare for the potential of power outages and to stay safe.
Please be mindful that rain, wind and landslides can cause trees and branches to hit overhead lines, bringing wires down causing power outages.
Please stay away from downed lines, as they may be live and report them by calling 237. Do not touch downed wires or touch water that is in contact with downed wires.
Grenlec will provide official information through the media and the Company is ready to respond to service issues that may occur.
Please report service problems through the Grenlec Mobile App or by calling 237. When reporting an outage, please have your account number and the number of the nearest pole available, if possible.
Things to Remember:
- Charge your mobile phones.
- Check to make sure your flashlights and any battery-operated radios or other devices televisions are in working order. Make sure you have a supply of extra batteries.
- Listen to the media for official information from Grenlec.
- Report all downed wires to Grenlec immediately. Call 237.
- Please stay away from downed lines. Do not touch downed wires or touch water that is in contact with downed wires.
- If your power goes out, disconnect or turn off appliances that would otherwise turn on automatically when service is restored.