PR – Grenadians will soon be able to conduct home energy assessments to better manage their energy consumption.
International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), in collaboration with the Energy Division, Ministry of Finance, through the Small Island Developing States (SIDS) Lighthouses Initiative, will facilitate this training exercise to expose participants to principles of energy use, including the importance of energy efficiency and conservation and its contribution to addressing climate change and sustainable development.
A two-day capacity building webinar will be held on Tuesday, December 14th and Wednesday, December 15th, 2021, from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. daily.
Facilitators are encouraging home and business owners, and the general public to participate in this webinar, which will also focus on factors that impact electricity rates in Grenada and components of the electricity bill.
- The home energy assessment, would provide information on:
- The amount of energy the household uses
- How to identify energy saving opportunities at home
- How to manage and reduce electricity consumption at home through a range of energy saving measures and best practices.
- How to calculate savings generated
- Energy efficient appliances and devices, among other topics.
Interested persons can register for the webinar at the following link: https://irena org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_SWwFM6ExS8uuWVJYQ3RSyQ