HomeENTERTAINMENTTravis Scott Among Several Defendants Hit With $750M Astroworld Lawsuit

Travis Scott Among Several Defendants Hit With $750M Astroworld Lawsuit

(NEW YORK POST) – Travis Scott and Drake have been named in a $750 million lawsuit filed on behalf of 125 Astroworld Festival victims – including the family of 21-year-old Axel Acosta Avila, one of 10 people who died in the ill-fated concert.

The lawsuit seeks damages for loss of mental and physical health and loss of human life, and names a long list of defendants, including Scott, Drake, event organizers Live Nation, Apple, Epic Records and the Harris County Sports and Convention Corp., KHOU reported.

Apple streamed the event at Houston’s NRG Park on its music platform, according to the lawsuit, which attorney Tony Buzbee filed Tuesday in Houston Civil Court.

“This concert was doomed from the beginning. It was doomed before they filed their operations plan,” said Buzbee, whose team collected dozens of statements and combed through hours of video with the help of a former major crimes police lieutenant.

“We’ve gotten help from all over the country,” he said, according to the news outlet.
“There has to be responsibility, especially those entities that stood to profit.”

The attorney wrote that while the judgment sought is justified, “No amount of money will ever make these Plaintiffs whole; no amount of money can restore human life,” according to Fox Business.

“The damages sought in this case attempts to fix, help, or make up for the harms and losses suffered by these Plaintiffs,” the suit reads. “The quantum sought includes sufficient punitive damages to punish and make an example of all involved in the streaming, promotion, organization and failed execution of the concert, and also to encourage those who engage in such activity in the future to do so with safety at the forefront.”

The suit also cites Scott’s history of inciting rowdiness during his shows and includes screenshots of his social media posts over the years in which he showed bloodied and passed-out fans, according to Fox Business.

Buzbee told the outlet that his law firm also “intends to file another lawsuit in the coming days with another 100 named plaintiffs.”

At least 140 lawsuits have been filed in the wake of the tragedy, CNN reported, citing Harris County District Court records. The network said it has reached out to Scott, Drake, Apple and the other named defendants for comment.

Live Nation told Fox Business in a statement: “We continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans who attended and their families can get the answers they want and deserve, and we will address all legal matters at the appropriate time.”

A spokesperson for Scott told Fox News Digital last week that he is still “actively exploring routes of connection” with families affected by the tragedy.

“Over the last week, Travis Scott and his team have been actively exploring routes of connection with each and every family affected by the tragedy through the appropriate liaisons,” the statement read.

Acosta Avila, a computer science major at Western Washington University, had traveled alone to Astroworld to see Scott for the first time, his family has said.

Most Popular

Recent Comments