PR – The Ministry of Agriculture, Lands and Forestry advises farmers and the public of the resumption of the Sale of Plants at the Ashenden Propagation Station, St. David, with effect from Thursday, October 14, 2021.
While adhering to COVID-19 protocols, the following guidelines should be followed by persons to facilitate seamless transactions:
- October 14 – 21, 2021– Plants will be sold to cocoa and nutmeg farmers approved by GCA and GCNA and farmers with application, approved by Extension Division.
- October 22 – 29, 2021 – Ornamentals and spices will sold on an appointment basis. Farmers and flower enthusiasts are encouraged to call the station to arrange a date to visit.
- From the week beginning November 1, 2021 and onwards – Plants will be sold to the public only on Thursdays, by appointment only.
- Please call telephone numbers 444-7216 or 417-9359 to book appointments, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Payment for the sale of plants must be done at the District Revenue Office in St. David.