PR – The Ministry wishes to advise the general public and interested farmers/vendors that the next farmers market will be held on Friday 24th April, 2020 and will continue on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays as per the regulations from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to coincide with the upcoming shopping days, at the following locations:
- The National Athletics Stadium Car Park – St. George
- Victoria Vegetable Market – St. Mark
- Gouyave Vegetable Market – St. John
- Natural Works – St. David
- Sauteurs Bus Terminus – St. Patrick
- Grenville Bus Terminus – St. Andrew
Residents of Carriacou will continue to be serviced via the Marketing and National Importing Board (MNIB) and established vendors; while residents of Petite Martinique will be serviced by Emma’s Supermarket.
What is expected of farmers/vendors
- A maximum of two persons per vending station in keeping with social distancing protocols
- Face masks or face covering and hand sanitizers (washing of hands) are required
- A vending station (small tents or at the back of a pickup, where feasible)
- Fresh produce should be pre-packed in $5, $10, and $20 values.
- Farmers are expected to set up between the hours of 6am and 8am
- At the end of the day produce should not be stored on site
- Farmers should maintain their assigned location over the designated period
NB: Small farmers/vendors & established roadside vendors are permitted to continue their activities in keeping with the established protocols on COVID-19. However, the erections of new booth or vending stations along the roadside and loitering shall not be encouraged.
Farmers are asked to contact the Ministry of Agriculture on 417-2355 to confirm their participation in the farmers’ markets.