This Saturday, October 06, many of the nation’s best cross country runners will converge at the Telescope Playing Field to commence the 2018 National Cross Country Championships.
The Championships kick starts the athletics season for athletes from schools and communities across Grenada. It features four (4) courses – Three (3) Preliminaries and the Finals.
The Preliminaries will be contested in two categories – male and female while The Finals will be contested in male and female divisions with each division having 3 categories – Under-14, Under-16, and 16-Plus.
Preliminaries begin at 3:00 p.m. while the Finals begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Race #1 – October 06 – Telescope Playing Field, St. Andrew (3:00PM)
- Race #2 – October 13 – La Sagesse Playing Field, St. David (3:00PM)
- Race #3 – October 20 – Alston George Park, St. Mark (3:00PM)
- Finals – Golf Course, St. George (9:30PM)
Defending (2017) Champs are as follows:
- Overall Girls Division: St. Joseph’s Convent Grenville
- Overall Boys Division: Grenada Boys Secondary School
- 16-Plus Boys; Tyrone Jacob (GBSS)
- Under-16 Boys: Jason Rogers (SAASS)
- Under-14 Boys: Brian Isaac (St. Andrew’s Methodist School)
- 16-Plus Girls: Kellieann Alexander (GCA) she graduated from GCA so there’ll be a new champ for this category
- Under-16 Girls: Destiny Langaigne (AHS)
- Under-14 Girls: Kevillia Lumpris (SDCSS)