STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS ON THE PASSING OF MS. CASSANDRA JOSEPH
St. GEORGE, GRENADA, APR. 23, 2018: The Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development and Religious Affairs joins with family, relatives and friends of Cassandra Joseph in mourning her untimely death in the People’s Republic of China.
Ms. Joseph began studies leading to a Master’s in International Relations, in the People’s Republic of China, in September 2017. She fell ill in November 2017 and succumbed to her illness in China on 22nd April 2018.
Cassandra was very closely associated with the Ministry as a teacher on the one hand and a Government scholarship awardee on the other.
Cassandra was a resident of Chantimelle, St. Patrick and a teacher attached to St. John’s Christian Secondary School.
The Ministry extends deepest condolences to Cassandra’s immediate family, relatives, the Principal, staff and students of St. John’s Christian Secondary School, friends and the community of Chantimelle.
On behalf of the Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development and Religious Affairs, sincerest thanks and appreciation are extended to the following:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in particular Ambassador Denis Antoine for the support given to the family during Cassandra’s illness;
- the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Grenada for its interest and concern;
- the medical team in China for the care and attention rendered to Cassandra;
- Grenadian students in China and those of other nationalities who assisted Cassandra in one way or another;
- Interest groups and organisations, such as the Media Workers Association of Grenada, Ministry of Works, Grenada National Lotteries Authority and Corporate Grenada for monetary and in-kind donations which contributed to her medical and other costs.
While we all hoped for a different outcome, we understand that our plans are not God’s plans. God saw that his daughter had tarried long enough and decided to call her to rest in his heavenly home.