The Traffic Department Eastern Division wishes to inform the general public of the following temporary traffic arrangements to facilitate the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Rally on Sunday 4th March, 2018 at Progress Park, St. Andrew.
The following areas will be closed to vehicular traffic from the direction indicated by the sign, “NO ENTRY.”
- The intersection on the left from Telescope Main Road to Progress Park.
- Minor Road (close to the hair-dressing salon) leading towards Progress Park.
- Minor Road (close to the traffic lights) on the northern side of Progress Park towards the direction of Paradise Bridge.
- Lacabakaye Road (entrance to Cow Pen) to its junction with Paradise Main Road (traffic light).
VIP’s will park at the back of the pavilion.
*VIP’s will be allowed to enter through the normal traffic route.
NO PARKING AREAS
- On both sides of road from Paradise Bridge to Mr. Buckmire’s residence.
- Bi-road (close to hair-dressing salon) leading towards venue on both sides of road.
- Bi-road (close to traffic lights) to the northern side of Progress Park in the direction of Paradise Bridge.
- Bi-road leading from Telescope to Progress Park on both sides of road.
- Paradise main road with its junction to the round-about towards SIOD’s shop on both sides of the road.
The following areas are provided for parking:
- Simon public road
- Paradise main road from SIOD’s shop to its junction with Cocoa Road.
- Paradise main road from SIOD’s shop to Paradise stretch left side of road.
- Telescope main road after the residence of Mr. Buckmire’s home on left side of road towards Canal Road.
- Forde main road from its junction with Canal Road on left side of road towards Grand Bras.
- Telescope Main Road close to St. Andrew’s Anglican Secondary School Playing Field.
Vehicles travelling from St. George via Grand Bras, Salisbury Road unto Progress Park will make a right turn onto Telescope Main Road and proceed to the venue using the two (2) minor-roads on Progress park main road and exit onto the Paradise Main Road. Parking is allowed on the left side of road towards Canal Road.
Vehicles travelling from St. David via Ben Jones Street Grenville, will make a right unto Griffin Lane and proceed to the venue, using the two (2) minor roads onto Paradise main road and proceed left towards Canal Road. Parking is allowed on the left side of road.
Vehicles travelling from St. Patrick’s, Belair, Tivoli, Moyah, Conference and La Poterie on reaching Pearls Junction (old gas station) will make a left onto Simon Public Road. Parking is allowed on the left side of road.
Vehicles travelling from Mt. Horne, Paraclete, La Fillette, will proceed towards Paradise Main Road, making a right turn unto Lacabakaye Road and exit at the Junction of Cardona Main Road.
NB: Residents will not be affected by the traffic arrangements.